The United States is one of only a handful of countries that does not guarantee paid family medical leave for its citizens. As the coronavirus continues to exacerbate long standing issues surrounding healthcare, education, and racial and gender equality, calls for paid family medical leave have grown. Speaking at the 2020 Forbes Power Women’s Summit, Melinda Gates discusses the benefits of paid family medical leave and why the United States hasn’t implemented the policy.
Subscribe to ForbesLive for more summit content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYoShcfPZ1cxydh9w8pVbw
Visit the ForbesLive event page to register for Forbes events: https://www.forbes.com/connect/events/
Subscribe to FORBES: https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbes?sub_confirmation=1
Forbes newsletters: https://newsletters.editorial.forbes.com
Forbes on Facebook: http://fb.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Instagram: http://instagram.com/forbes
More From Forbes: http://forbes.com
Forbes covers the intersection of entrepreneurship, wealth, technology, business and lifestyle with a focus on people and success.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: The Billionaires List, Feb / March 2021 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: African of The Year - Forbes Africa December 2020 (special issue) R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Nigeria 60 - Forbes Africa Oct/Nov 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00