Houston White is the owner, founder, and designer of Houston White Men’s Room, a barber shop and apparel store located in the Camden Town neighborhood of North Minneapolis. In a city with a long history of systemic racism and inequality, White has made it his mission to help create racial equity and build generational wealth for Black citizens of the Twin Cities. After the murder of George Floyd and the racial reckoning that followed, Target partnered with White on a major development project in his neighborhood that will feature a new barbershop, cafe, apartment complex and a virtual bank branch. In addition, Target reopened its Lake Street Store with White’s clothing line on its shelves.
Thumbnail photography by Rebecca Rabb.
Subscribe to FORBES: https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbes?sub_confirmation=1
Forbes newsletters: https://newsletters.editorial.forbes.com
Forbes on Facebook: http://fb.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Instagram: http://instagram.com/forbes
More From Forbes: http://forbes.com
Forbes covers the intersection of entrepreneurship, wealth, technology, business and lifestyle with a focus on people and success.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: The Billionaires List, Feb / March 2021 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: African of The Year - Forbes Africa December 2020 (special issue) R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Nigeria 60 - Forbes Africa Oct/Nov 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00