The pandemic has had at least one professional upside: It’s hard to misbehave when you are quarantined. Hard—but not impossible.
Take the case of Jeffrey Toobin. The New Yorker writer and CNN legal analyst had a gilded career dating back to his days at Harvard Law, where he was classmates with future Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan. But it all came to a crashing and humiliating halt in October when the esteemed juris doctor accidentally exposed himself during an act of self-pleasure while on a Zoom call with The New Yorker’s editorial staff. (The working theory is that he was simultaneously on an entirely different sort of video chat.)
Unfortunately, Toobin is not the only former superstar to make 2020, our collective annus horribilis, just a little bit worse. Here are the year’s biggest career crashes of the year.
Read the full profile on Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinstoller/2020/12/15/the-biggest-career-crashes-of-2020/?sh=4df39c6a4d61
Subscribe to FORBES: https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbes?sub_confirmation=1
Forbes newsletters: https://newsletters.editorial.forbes.com
Forbes on Facebook: http://fb.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Instagram: http://instagram.com/forbes
More From Forbes: http://forbes.com
Forbes covers the intersection of entrepreneurship, wealth, technology, business and lifestyle with a focus on people and success.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: African of The Year - Forbes Africa December 2020 (special issue) R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Nigeria 60 - Forbes Africa Oct/Nov 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa April 2020 - 30 Under 30 R50.00