A handful of clear billionaire winners and losers of Election Day 2020 have emerged. Some of these ultra rich political donors got their preferred candidate elected or helped propel or kill ballot initiatives in their home states. Others spent big on their own failed political runs or pumped big money into failed races. One billionaire, West Virginia’s Jim Justice, won his own election, seizing a second term as governor.
Election Day losers include Michael Bloomberg and Kanye West. Bloomberg spent $1.1 billion of his own fortune on his presidential campaign, which he shut down after earning only one win on Super Tuesday. West’s own failed campaign, backed by $10 million of his own fortune, was only able to garner about 60,000 votes in a handful of states as of November 4th, 2020.
Read the full profile on Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewithorn/2020/11/04/the-billionaires-who-won-or-lost-big-on-election-night-2020-so-far/?sh=7f7146ed629e
Subscribe to FORBES: https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbes?sub_confirmation=1
Forbes newsletters: https://newsletters.editorial.forbes.com
Forbes on Facebook: http://fb.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Instagram: http://instagram.com/forbes
More From Forbes: http://forbes.com
Forbes covers the intersection of entrepreneurship, wealth, technology, business and lifestyle with a focus on people and success.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: African of The Year - Forbes Africa December 2020 (special issue) R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Nigeria 60 - Forbes Africa Oct/Nov 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa April 2020 - 30 Under 30 R50.00