Gross domestic product (GDP) is said to be a comprehensive scorecard of the U.S.’ economic health, yet it virtually ignores business-to-business activity. Consumers can’t consume unless the stuff they buy is made in the first place, right? Steve Forbes on GO (gross output) vs. GDP and which measurement gives a more accurate picture of what truly makes the economy tick.
What’s Ahead featuring Steve Forbes provides his insights and perspective, to stay on top of what’s happening in this ever-turbulent world with glimpses into the future. What’s Ahead airs Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
More on gross output: https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2019/09/09/were-using-the-wrong-measure-gdp-to-gauge-the-economys-real-health-mark-skousen/#6a5f208f52fa
Subscribe to FORBES: https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbes?sub_confirmation=1
Forbes newsletters: https://newsletters.editorial.forbes.com
Forbes on Facebook: http://fb.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Instagram: http://instagram.com/forbes
More From Forbes: http://forbes.com
Forbes covers the intersection of entrepreneurship, wealth, technology, business and lifestyle with a focus on people and success.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: Nigeria 60 - Forbes Africa Oct/Nov 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa April 2020 - 30 Under 30 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa March 2020 R50.00