America’s national reckoning with systemic racism has touched nearly every industry, including publishing. For Black Americans of all ages, it can be still be difficult to find stories by Black authors featuring Black characters. This lack of Black storytelling led Dionne Sims to found Black Garnet Books, the only Black-owned bookstore in Minnesota. Sims tells Forbes her journey into entrepreneurship including the various steps she has taken along the way to turn her dream into a reality.
Thumbnail credit: Trista Marie McGovern
Subscribe to FORBES: https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbes?sub_confirmation=1
Forbes newsletters: https://newsletters.editorial.forbes.com
Forbes on Facebook: http://fb.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Instagram: http://instagram.com/forbes
More From Forbes: http://forbes.com
Forbes covers the intersection of entrepreneurship, wealth, technology, business and lifestyle with a focus on people and success.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa April 2020 - 30 Under 30 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa March 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa February 2020 R50.00