Tesla stock soared Monday August 31st, 2020 after a stock split, lifting Elon Musk’s net worth to $102.9 billion at the market close. Shares jumped 12.6%, boosting Musk’s net worth by $10.4 billion since late Friday. Forbes calculates that he is now the fifth centibillionaire in the world, as well as the fifth-richest person in the world.
Musk’s net worth has quadrupled since mid-March, when he ranked No. 31 on Forbes’ World’s Billionaires list, with a net worth of $24.6 billion. He’s now just behind Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, who is worth $107.6 billion.
Read the full profile on Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleycuccinello/2020/08/31/elon-musk-100-billion-net-worth/#b323d5d80ede
Subscribe to FORBES: https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbes?sub_confirmation=1
Forbes newsletters: https://newsletters.editorial.forbes.com
Forbes on Facebook: http://fb.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Instagram: http://instagram.com/forbes
More From Forbes: http://forbes.com
Forbes covers the intersection of entrepreneurship, wealth, technology, business and lifestyle with a focus on people and success.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa April 2020 - 30 Under 30 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa March 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa February 2020 R50.00