Matthew Harris founded Mateo New York in 2009. His jewelry has been featured in Vogue Paris, W Magazine and The New York Times Style Magazine; and has been worn by celebrities such as Rihanna. An immigrant from Jamaica, Harris has faced his fair share of racism in the fashion industry; and he seeks to be a role model for Black and LGTBQ+ men in the industry. We spoke to him about his start in fashion, the recent protests in Los Angeles and the community he’s seeking to build through his brand.
Subscribe to FORBES: https://www.youtube.com/user/Forbes?sub_confirmation=1
Forbes newsletters: https://newsletters.editorial.forbes.com
Forbes on Facebook: http://fb.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forbes
Forbes Video on Instagram: http://instagram.com/forbes
More From Forbes: http://forbes.com
Forbes covers the intersection of entrepreneurship, wealth, technology, business and lifestyle with a focus on people and success.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: Nigeria 60 - Forbes Africa Oct/Nov 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa April 2020 - 30 Under 30 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa March 2020 R50.00