South Africa records its first two Coronavirus deaths. In a tweet Dr Zweli Mkhize, Minister of Health, issued a statement on the deaths that occurred in the province of Western Cape. The minister further stated that the number of confirmed cases in the country has tipped over the 1000 mark.
The country is currently on Day 1 of a 21 day nationwide lockdown imposed by President Cyril Ramaphosa on Monday, 23rd of March as a measure that the government would be taking to combat COVID-19. “The National Coronavirus Command Council has forced a nationwide lockdown for 21 days with effect at midnight on Thursday March 26, 2020” said the president.
This is a developing story and details will be updated as new information is available.
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: Nigeria 60 - Forbes Africa Oct/Nov 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa April 2020 - 30 Under 30 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa March 2020 R50.00