COMPILED BY: BONTLEFEELA MOGOYE
PHOTOGRAPHY: MOTLABANA MONNAKGOTLA
ART DIRECTION: LUCY NKOSI
THE HIGH-END LUXURY MARKET HAS NO DOUBT TAKEN A BACK SEAT DURING THE PANDEMIC, BUT FINE AESTHETICS CAN TRAVEL ACROSS TIME, SPACE AND BOUNDARIES. HERE ARE A FEW WAYS TO REVISIT OPULENCE AND LUXURY OVER THE HOLIDAY SEASON IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME.
Lungile Radu (South African media personality)
Printed suit R6,500 ($422,10); Imprint ZA
(A digital creator and luxury lifestyle enthusiast in South Africa)
Blue and black printed loungewear and Corset belt; both designed by Gert-Johan Coetzee (Price on request)
Black tuxedo jacket R2,800 ($181,83), Black pants R1,050 ($68,19) and Shirt R695 ($45,13), all Carducci Slip-on shoes R3,500 ($227,29)– Relevance for Men from Africa Rise, Sandton, Johannesburg
Black two-piece: Pants R7,437 ($482,95) Top R8,437 ($547,89) all Taibo Bacar Cars supplied by: Zebra Square Gallery Hyde Park Furniture by Ligne Roset (www.lignerosetsa.co.za)
Over the years, I’ve invested in
a few beautifully designed and custom-fitted suits that have stoodthetestoftime. Theseare significant purchases that I can still appreciate the value of.
– Lungile Radu
Nguni Cow Suit R6,800 ($441,58) By Imprint Za
I have noted that luxury is something one needs to do for oneself. Whether I shop online or in-store, the experience is the same.
– Kefilwe Mabote
Alex lime green dress R18,000 ($1168,90) Taibo Bacar
Download issues of Forbes Africa
- Single Digital Issue: African of The Year - Forbes Africa December 2020 (special issue) R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Nigeria 60 - Forbes Africa Oct/Nov 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: James Mwangi Cover - Forbes Africa Aug/Sep2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa June/July 2020 R50.00
- Single Digital Issue: Forbes Africa April 2020 - 30 Under 30 R50.00